A Florentine pietre dure and ebony cabinet on later stand, the panels attributed to the Grand Ducal workshops, with an architectural arrangement of drawers around a central door with column supports, the panels alternating flowers and birds with fruit, the central panel with flowers in a lapis vase on a table top. The bottom drawer altered in the early 19th cent.
Italian, Florence (1670-1700)
Acquired by Mr John Scott, 1850s
Harkshill. Largs, Ayrshire
By family descent
John Scott was a director of the renowned Glasgow shipbuilding firm Scotts of Greenock. He was a great traveller and collector of furniture and books, as well as being an authority on Mary, Queen of Scotts.